The Welder, Fabricator position encompasses Production Welding, Fabrication and Quality responsibilities. Duties include analyzing blueprints, welding jobs, maintaining production standards and producing consistently accurate work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Correctly welds pieces of metal together.
- Prepares materials for welding, cuts, grinds and cleans metal.
- Utilizes fabrication skills to complete all phases of fabrication.
- Provides feedback and input into the fabrication process regarding order of assembly, design, materials, fixtures and jigs.
- Conceptualizes and makes fixtures.
- Ensures correct documentation and processes are followed for standardized work process.
- Annotates and marks up customer blue prints for future reference.
- Produces work daily that is consistently accurate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to frequently stand, sit, twist and use their hands, fingers and wrists to grip, twist and bend to operate controls. The employee will occasionally will be required to walk, stoop, pull objects, kneel and climb stairs. The employee will be required to occasionally reach high and low and lift items weighing 35 to 75 lbs. Gross and fine motor skills required.
The employee in this role will be working indoors, in an industrial manufacturing environment. The employee will regularly be exposed to noise levels requiring hearing protection, moving equipment and mechanical parts. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- 3-5 years of experience in welding/fabrication
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, including welding diagrams and symbols
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Incumbents are required to have an understanding of fabrication processes.
- Licensures and Certifications: High school, college or industry courses in welding techniques.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
The performance factors described here are core abilities that will contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this position and meeting established performance objectives.
- Personal Accountability: A measure of the capacity to be answerable for personal actions. Accepts personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary blame on others; maintains personal commitment to objectives regardless of the success or failure of personal decisions; applies personal lessons learned from past failures to moving forward in achieving future successes.
- Self Management: The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames. Independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner; prioritizes activities as necessary to meet job responsibilities; maintains required level of activity toward achieving goals without direct supervision; minimizes work flow disruptions and time wasters to complete high quality work within a specified time frame.
- Results Orientation: The ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results. Maintains focus on goals; identifies and acts on removing potential obstacles to successful goal attainment; implements thorough and effective plans and applies appropriate resources to produce desired results; follows through on all commitments to achieve results.
- Planning And Organization: The ability to establish a process for activities that lead to the implementation of systems, procedures or outcomes. Defines plans and organizes activities necessary to reach targeted goals; organizes and utilizes resources in ways that maximize their effectiveness; implements appropriate plans and adjusts them as necessary; consistently demonstrates organization and detail orientation.
- Leading Others: The ability to organize and motivate people to accomplish goals while creating a sense of order and direction. Inspires others with a compelling vision; empowers others to accomplish common goals; represents a positive, motivational example for others to emulate in becoming leaders; supports others through providing clarity, direction, organization and purpose.
- Accountability for Others: The ability to take responsibility for others’ actions. Establishes appropriate performance standards for others; assumes personal accountability for others’ performance; effectively confronts performance issues promptly; monitors performance, tracks results and measures achievement of key accountabilities.
- Goal Achievement: The overall ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances. Establishes goals that are relevant, realistic and attainable; identifies and implements required plans and milestones to achieve specific business goals; initiates activity toward goals without unnecessary delay; stays on target to complete goals regardless of obstacles or adverse circumstances.
Metalworking Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, duties, responsibilities of requirements. Any individual may be required to perform any other job-related activities or functions requested by his/her manager, subject to reasonable accommodation. Metalworking Group reserves the right to modify this job description to reflect changes in essential job duties made necessary by changing organizational needs, subject to reasonable accommodation.
MWG has 2 plants located in Cincinnati. We are a manufacturing company serving customers in the following markets: Material Handling, Border Security, Fitness Equipment, Energy, Ground Combat Vehicles, Data Storage, Medical Device, Gaming, and General Industry OEM.
What We Offer:
- Great Culture
- Excellent Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Safe And Comfortable Work Environment
- Opportunities For Advancement
- 401K Retirement Plan With 5% Company Match
- 3 Unique Health Plans From Humana
- Paid Vacation & Holidays On Day 1
- Full Bonus Eligible
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Accidental Death
- ST & LT Disability
- Wellness Program
- Average Tenure At MWG 10+ Years
- Catered Lunches Throughout The Year
- Graeters Ice Cream Truck
- Guaranteed Annual Reviews And Merit Raises
- Company Picnics
- On The Job And Off-Site Job Training To Gain Skills