The Production Supervisor has direct supervisory responsibility for leads and production team members. The Production Supervisor is tasked with meeting production schedules and standards for quality and team member safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implementing daily production schedule and taking appropriate corrective action to ensure on time delivery.
- Coaching and providing ongoing feedback to team members on performance.
- Communicating work flow requirements across shifts to ensure continuity and consistency of work.
- Coordinating training and cross training activities of team members.
- Coordinates production activities and establishes manufacturing priorities for the plant floor by reviewing job orders, production schedules and backorder lists and managing the workflow in order to meet scheduled delivery dates.
- Ensures work in progress is transitioned to other shifts without interruption to the production schedule.
- Contributes to optimizing flow and utilization of organizational resources by reviewing production schedules with the Materials Department and Shipping.
- Collaborates with Sales, Quality Assurance and Engineering to verify the Metalworking Group’s capabilities and capacity to satisfy customer quality and delivery requirements.
- Troubleshoots bottlenecks and production issues and initiates reaction plans for quality and directives for improvement.
- Provides training in specific job functions and ensures all team members understand their roles and responsibilities in meeting production and quality and safety objectives.
- Promotes a systems perspective to approaching job tasks and increases awareness level of how individual performance impacts other areas of production.
- Discusses processing errors with team members and provides coaching and training to reduce or eliminate similar errors in the future.
- Conducts performance evaluations, identifies training needs, and recommends effective action plans for meeting performance expectations.
- Cleary communicates expectations to Section Leaders, assigns work and monitors daily efficiency and utilization for each team members and workstation. Takes corrective action as required when quality and production fall below standard.
- Provides timely answers to team member questions and helps coach team members on linking their personal abilities to the results expected of them.
- Ensures that employees are aware of and understand company policies and procedures affecting their employment. Constantly monitors employee relations, addresses performance gaps and implements appropriate corrective action.
This position will require a significant amount of walking and squatting. There will be occasional time spent sitting at a desk, but very minimal.
The employee in this role will be working indoors, in an industrial manufacturing environment. The employee will regularly be exposed to noise levels requiring hearing protection, moving equipment and mechanical parts. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience of prior supervisory responsibility in a manufacturing.
- Licensures and Certifications: None
- Education: A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
The performance factors described here are core abilities that will contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this position and meeting established performance objectives.
- Personal Accountability: A measure of the capacity to be answerable for personal actions. Accepts personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary blame on others; maintains personal commitment to objectives regardless of the success or failure of personal decisions; applies personal lessons learned from past failures to moving forward in achieving future successes.
- Self Management: The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames. Independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner; prioritizes activities as necessary to meet job responsibilities; maintains required level of activity toward achieving goals without direct supervision; minimizes work flow disruptions and time wasters to complete high quality work within a specified time frame.
- Results Orientation: The ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results. Maintains focus on goals; identifies and acts on removing potential obstacles to successful goal attainment; implements thorough and effective plans and applies appropriate resources to produce desired results; follows through on all commitments to achieve results.
- Planning And Organization: The ability to establish a process for activities that lead to the implementation of systems, procedures or outcomes. Defines plans and organizes activities necessary to reach targeted goals; organizes and utilizes resources in ways that maximize their effectiveness; implements appropriate plans and adjusts them as necessary; consistently demonstrates organization and detail orientation.
- Leading Others: The ability to organize and motivate people to accomplish goals while creating a sense of order and direction. Inspires others with a compelling vision; empowers others to accomplish common goals; represents a positive, motivational example for others to emulate in becoming leaders; supports others through providing clarity, direction, organization and purpose.
- Accountability for Others: The ability to take responsibility for others’ actions. Establishes appropriate performance standards for others; assumes personal accountability for others’ performance; effectively confronts performance issues promptly; monitors performance, tracks results and measures achievement of key accountabilities.
- Goal Achievement: The overall ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances. Establishes goals that are relevant, realistic and attainable; identifies and implements required plans and milestones to achieve specific business goals; initiates activity toward goals without unnecessary delay; stays on target to complete goals regardless of obstacles or adverse circumstances.
MWG has 2 plants located in Cincinnati. We are a manufacturing company serving customers in the following markets: Material Handling, Border Security, Fitness Equipment, Energy, Ground Combat Vehicles, Data Storage, Medical Device, Gaming, and General Industry OEM.
What We Offer:
- Great Culture
- Excellent Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Safe And Comfortable Work Environment
- Opportunities For Advancement
- 401K Retirement Plan With 5% Company Match
- 3 Unique Health Plans From Humana
- Paid Vacation & Holidays On Day 1
- Full Bonus Eligible
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Accidental Death
- ST & LT Disability
- Wellness Program
- Average Tenure At MWG 10+ Years
- Catered Lunches Throughout The Year
- Graeters Ice Cream Truck
- Guaranteed Annual Reviews And Merit Raises
- Company Picnics
- On The Job And Off-Site Job Training To Gain Skills